Novel in vitro methods and AOP approaches in genetic toxicology
During this workshop you will get insight into novel in vitro methods and AOP approaches in genetic toxicology. Next to this there will be hands-on labtraining for ToxTracker and other assays
- Mirjam Luijten, RIVM. Introduction about the AOP framework and applications in genetic toxicology
- Birgit Mertens, Sciensano. Application of novel methods in regulatory genotoxicity testing
- Freddy van Goethem, Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Integration of novel methodologies in genotoxicity testing
- Robert Smith, Covance. Practical approaches and strategies for genotoxicity screening and regulatory applications.
- Giel Hendriks, Toxys. Application of the ToxTracker assay for mode-of-action assessment of genotoxic compounds
- ToxTracker assay
- H2AX-based assays/multiflow
- Clastogen vs aneugen discrimination
- Oxidative stress and indirect genotoxicity
The practical workshops will be organised by Toxys
Number of participants
We aim to have 10 participant for the workshop. Maximum number of participants is 12.
Toxys is conveniently located, 30 minutes by train from Schiphol airport Amsterdam. The Hilton Garden Inn hotel is located across the street from Toxys and offers reasonably priced rooms.
Registration for this event will be done via Altertox.
Toxys will arrange lunch on-site and a dinner in the historic center of Leiden.
The workshop will be held in our laboratories in Leiden, The Netherlands, just 20 minutes by train from international airport Schiphol and 30 minutes from Amsterdam. There are many things to discover, see and experience in Leiden. With so much history, so many museums and theatres, a vibrant inner city, monuments, shops, restaurants, cafés and a university, your stay outside the workshop hours will also be a guaranteed success.
Next training: Fall 2020
Where: Leiden, The Netherlands